CDS social evenings are usually 8-10pm on the third Wednesday of each month when CDS is not busy with an imminent show!
- The social aspect is valuable part of CDS, sometimes just informal drinks and chat, sometimes talks, quizes or simple exercises or games.
- You don’t even need to be a member, so if you are interested in what we do and how, just come along and say hello!
- Details can be found in our monthly newsletter as well as on this page!
We are now revitalising our social evenings (fomerly known as club nights) to encourage new members and provide an esxcuse to meet at the pub, and read a play, or discuss theatrical matters!
Play Reading – on Wednesday 19th June
- We will be reading the short comic play “Twenty Five Not Out” by Hazel Wylde.
- Starts 8pm at the White Harte
- You can just listen, or take a turn reading if you wish.
Social Events are usually in the White Harte meeting room – and all are welcome!
(but still conveniently close to the bar for those so inclined!)
Details of other planed events and those organising them will be in next month’s newsletter, as well as on the website page
About Social Events
Activities vary, but it’s a chance to meet, talk and do something outside of show planning, auditions and rehearsals!
So CDS open evenings are part social, part educational, but always we hope fun!
Keeping a schedule of activities fresh and fun means we are always keen to get more volunteers to organise an evening. This is a great way for people with an interest to help CDS, without the larger commitment of a role on the committee or getting involved with a production on or off stage! If you are interested or just have an idea please get in touch! We can support you as much or as little as required!
Past activities have included improvisation games, play readings and passing on tips and techniques on various aspects of acting and stagecraft.
Unless otherwise indicated they are all held at the White Harte meeting room.
So why not make a note in your diary of the CDS Social Evenings – typically they are on the Third Wednesday of the month!
(Please check website or newsletter for details and confirmation!)