- We will have some short sketch and speaking (reading) roles for a special event on November 1st & 3rd recalling how the village was affected by the Great War (as part of Cuckfield Remembers)
- With this event coming immediately after the Browning Version/Dirty Business double bill it will be a simpler and low key but we hope moving event comprising readings of prose and poetry, images and music as well as a couple of dramatic interpretations.
Calling all accomplished and aspiring singers/dancers – we need you for the fourth Cuckfield Christmas Cabaret!
The theme this year is based around the classic Top of the Pops performances of the early 70’s. So we are hoping for mainly upbeat numbers so as to fill the dancefloor, and maybe a few ballads to ease off the gas.
Think of Glam Rock (Sweet, Bowie, Suzi Quattro, Mud, T-Rex), Teen Idols (David Cassidy, David Essex, Bay City Rollers, Little Jimmy Osmond(!)), and Crooners (Neil Diamond, Rod Stewart, Elton John)
We are also thinking of having an Old Grey Whistle Test section featuring three classic rock songs of the era. Think Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
Ideally, these would be performed by a live band, so a call-out to any musicians who would like to be involved.
We are looking for a bass and lead guitarist, and of course a drummer. Keys would be nice but aim to keep the arrangements pretty simple.
We are holding initial auditions on the evening of 8th October at the White Harte, kicking off approx. 7:30pm.
If possible, could you please bring any backing tracks with you on a USB stick, or email to the address below.
Also, any questions regarding song choices, backing track formats, etc. can be emailed to us [email protected]
Also there will be more roles soon…
- And for 2018 we a have set a theme for the February Frolics, where sketches and the play will be themed around the topic of dinner.Writers, Directors, and Performers why not get in touch and put forward some ideas!
About CDS Auditions
CDS is always keen to involve new people both on and off stage.
We are keen to mix up and borrow (or loan!) people with other groups (in our experience this happens anyway) as this enhances productions and skills. So if you are an established or aspiring actor, or director and want to work with us please get in touch or come meet us at a club night.
All CDS production auditions are open to all (time permitting!), with the director’s choice of casting based on factors including (in no particular order) talent, suitability for the role, suitability alongside other actors, use of new faces, experience and availability.
While we actively avoid using the same old faces from a small clique of insiders, there are lots of opportunities, but we also expect members to get and stay involved in supporting roles both off and on stage.
- Our annual Feb Frols show has a format and tradition which actively encourages people to try out or develop their directing and acting with support from more experienced members.
- Sign up for our mailing list and select the Acting interest and we will email you the latest announcements about new play, auditions and other relevant activities!
For Other Local Auditions
We also list some other nearby auditions here
If you are get in touch with anyone please tell them you found them CDS! Cooperative marketing is free and powerful!