Our annual dinner theatre event comprising comedy sketches and a short play:
- Sketch details are still being gathered – but will include small and larger roles – writer/director submissions are still open!
- Martin Sheldon is starting the coordination of sketches for the Feb Frolics (which is to be held 23 & 24 February).
- With the short play lasting about fifty minutes we need to have at least thirty minutes of sketches.
- He already has 2 sketches lasting 5 / 6 minutes. One of the sketches (Donald Trump at the pearly gates) is to provide a running theme interspersed with 4 or 5 other sketches.If you are interested in writing or acting in any sketches please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 18 January.
Mixed Doubles Auditions are now complete.
- If you missed out then why not see below and look a role (or roles) in the accompanying sketches or for 84 Charing Cross Road in May?
Sketch Performers and Writers are still being sought!
- Typical sketch lengths are three to six minutes
- Performers – this is an ideal way to get on stage, with only a moderate commitment of time needed for rehearsals and lines to learn!
- There will be a read-through of the script on Wednesday 17th January
- Please note that the first email sent had the wrong date
Venue the White Harte at 19:45 for 20:00.
- Auditions will be Monday 22 and Wednesday 24.
- Same venue
Attendance is open to anyone who wants to take part in performances on stage, back stage or front of house.
The show runs from 30 May – 2 June 2018 in the Queen’s Hall in Cuckfield.
For those of you who are interested but are not able to attend either date please contact the director email@example.com.
We also list some other nearby auditions here
About CDS Auditions
CDS is always keen to involve new people both on and off stage.
We are keen to mix up and borrow (or loan!) people with other groups (in our experience this happens anyway) as this enhances productions and skills. So if you are an established or aspiring actor, or director and want to work with us please get in touch or come meet us at a club night.
All CDS production auditions are open to all (time permitting!), with the director’s choice of casting based on factors including (in no particular order) talent, suitability for the role, suitability alongside other actors, use of new faces, experience and availability.
While we actively avoid using the same old faces from a small clique of insiders, there are lots of opportunities, but we also expect members to get and stay involved in supporting roles both off and on stage.
- Our annual Feb Frols show has a format and tradition which actively encourages people to try out or develop their directing and acting with support from more experienced members.
- Sign up for our mailing list and select the Acting interest and we will email you the latest announcements about new play, auditions and other relevant activities!
For Other Local Auditions
Please see the dedicated page.
If you are get in touch with anyone please tell them you found them CDS! Cooperative marketing is free and powerful!