Are You Getting It Regularly?
If your CDS newsletters go to a spam or junk mail folder, or are filed under Promotions in a gmail tab here are some tips to make sure you don’t miss news about shows, auditions or other events.
- It may fix it if you add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your contacts or address book – this usually means email is less likely to be misfiled.
- Click on this link “Add us to your address book”. It is also in the bottom of each newsletter and if you click on it your browser or email program should offer to save the contact for you.
- Your email program or webmail often has an option to mark a message as “not junk” or “not spam”
If your mail program shows an option to trust all mail from this mailing list as well as all mail from the sender use the mailing list option.
- If you use Yahoo, Gmail or Outlook.com (also known as Hotmail, or Live.com) you can find some instructions for whitelisting emails at this site.
- If you are still having problems all CDS mailing list emails have a mailing list identifer 998d5048f22a86c81f448f8c5 within them. As it’s not the most common word you can use it in a filter to mark them as safe.
- If you right click on a CDS newsletter in Promotions (or wherever it ended up) you can move it to another tab (Personal or Primary gmail inbox) – and you get a small option window then which asks if do you want to do this for all similar messages.
- There are more Gmail Help instructions here on Google’s support pages. or some further tips on unmarking emails as spam in gmail here.