Some other upcoming local auditions that may be of interest to our members and friends.*
Click on the appropriate link for more details.
If you are not performing at the CDS Christmas Cabaret in early December perhaps one of these opportunities is for you …
have two gaps in Anne of Green Gables – performances are the 4th, 5th and 6th Jan with a matinee on the 6th.
One is the schoolmaster – one scene (spoken) then sings in the two big production numbers.
The other is a woman (singing) – again not a large role but one we cannot do without.
If you are interested please get in touch with Lesley Barnes, Director
The commitment during the next three months is not onerous although, as with any show, it gets more intense towards the end as we do longer sections and then complete acts. Rehearsals are on Mondays and Thursdays at the Henfield Hall. The last December rehearsal is the 21st then a break before the dress rehearsals (Jan 2nd and 3rd.
Panto Season is coming …
CDS doesn’t do a panto (we have our pre-Xmas Christmas Cabaret) but just down the road are our neighbours
The Hurst Players Auditions for Peter Pan
Come along to one of the auditions on Mon 2nd and Thurs 5th October 7:30pm – 9:30pm
There will be 10 performances between 28th December and 7th January.
There are all the usual Pantomime characters including:
• Dame Nana who can’t escape her doggy history
• Captain Hook, who is the best kind of panto baddie
• Hook’s pirate sidekicks are suitably inept while being chased by a pair of Indian squaws.
• Principal boy is, of course, Peter Pan and of course there will be flying involved.
• There’s motherly Wendy, mischievous Tinkerbell, various children, pirates, mermaids and Neverland Indians.
• Several of the lost boys (or girls) are considerably younger in mind than in body!
• Some roles can be doubled up if needed but there’s also scope to take on small parts and be in the chorus so you can come and be part of the fun without having too many lines to learn.
Rehearsals will be mainly on Mon & Wed evenings with the occasional Tues and Thurs to fit with theatre and director availability.
Burgess Hill Musical Theatre Society will be producing Priscilla Queen of The Desert in April next year
Nothing else’ we know about at the moment!
If you get in touch with anyone please tell them you found them via CDS’s auditions listings!
CDS provides this information for information only and makes no representations about the events and societies linked to.
STAY IN TOUCH WITH CDS
Part of Another Group?
We are always keen to cooperate on publicity or other ways with other groups in the area. If you are involved with the running of a community theatre group in or around Mid-Sussex why not join the Mid-Sussex AmDram Liaison Group?