A massive success Bridge to Farce was revived again for two nights at The Capitol Theatre in Horsham by Simply Cuckoo Productions in 2018 with most CDS members reprising their roles. With a bigger stage, and audience capacity a bigger and better set and production values lead to great response from audiences whether they were Bridge virgins or returning for more laughs.
The hilarious three act comedy sold out all four nights in its second location when CDS (“an extremely talented group“) took it on tour… to Hurstpierpoint in August 2017.
By popular demand, (and with the lucky availability of the whole cast in the holiday season) and a suitable venue at the Players Theatre in Hurstpierpoint, Bridge To Farce was performed again from Wed 2nd to Sat 5th August!
Here is the new poster:You can download the two-sided flyer here
- Did you see Bridge To Farce at Cuckfield? (We’d love to hear what you thought!)
- The entiire original cast recreated their June roles in August on the first dates of the Bridge To Farce world tour! (“No sleep ’til Hurstpierpoint“)
Politically ambitious Margaret and long-suffering husband Norman are expecting a new couple into their Bridge circle. When wife-swapping beginners Barry & Angie arrive by mistake, both couples spend an alarming evening at cross purposes!
Meanwhile, bridge-playing Edward and Charlotte – Margaret and Norman’s intended guests, enjoy a party with George and Zoe – Barry and Angie’s intended hosts! When the party is in full ‘swing’, all are caught in compromising situations as Bridge turns to Farce…
First Performed from Wed 31st May to Sat 3rd June 2017 at the Queen’s Hall, Cuckfield with sellout houses and rave reviews – the show was reprised by popular demand from Wed 2nd to Sat 5th August – SORRY – ALL SEATS ARE SOLD OUT!
Cuckfield Audiences said it was “West End standard”, “absolutely hysterical”, “slick production by an extremely talented group”, “truly professional” and “A MUST SEE!”
Bridge To Farce is an extended play which builds on the very well received one act play first presented at our February Frolics in 2015. (Originally titled “Bridge Too Far”)
We are pleased to say that the entire Queen’s Hall cast will be reprising their roles in Hurstpierpoint.
- Angie Stella Balicki
- Barry Paul Ruse
- Charlotte Webster Emma Gosling
- Clerk of the Court/Prompt Harriet Sheldon & Shirley Coates
- Darrell Alistair Denholm
- Detective Sergeant Doyle Paul Ruse
- Edward Webster Laurence Leng
- Felicity Isobel Holloway
- George Collins David Corbett
- Georgina Caroline Denholm
- Margaret Nichol Stevens Hazelle Woodhurst
- Mary Stella Balicki
- Michael Martin Sheldon
- Mr Prosser Peter Bowman
- Ms Nailer Isobel Holloway
- Norman Nichol Stevens Philip Robinson
- PC Lilley Jack Bowman
- Poppy Caroline Denholm
- Roger Peter Bowman
- Sir Gerald Farquar Martin Sheldon
- Zoe Collins Kirsty Bishopp
Some photos from the Cuckfield performances
See some more photos here! (Warning – may have some spoilers if you are coming to see the show for the first time when we reprise it at Hurspierpoint!)
- Playwrights Richard Willis and Paul Ruse have been writing togther for a number of yearsand CDS is delighted to have brought their first full length play to the stage.
- To contact them or to enquire about licencing Bridge To Farce for professional and amateur produtions please visit their website.
Read Paul’s account of the story behind their comedy collaboration (from the May edition of Cuckfield Life).
- Why not sign up for CDS Audience Alert Emails for details on when tickets go on sale …
- Or follow us on twitter, Google+ or facebook!