Politically ambitious Margaret and long-suffering husband Norman are expecting a new couple into their Bridge circle.
When wife-swapping beginners Barry & Angie arrive by mistake, both couples spend an alarming evening at cross purposes!
Meanwhile, bridge-playing Edward and Charlotte – Margaret and Norman’s intended guests, enjoy a party with George and Zoe – Barry and Angie’s intended hosts! When the party is in full ‘swing’, all are caught in compromising situations as Bridge turns to Farce…
Murder On Air – reprised
Our successful Oct 2016 production of Andrew Hull’s Murder On Air was presented again as a charity fund raiser this time for Hassocks Cancer Research support group on Saturday April 15th.
With dinner included the evening raised over £600 for the charity!
2017’s theme was Travel – a selection of Jocular Journeys
Dealing with the struggles of travelling “On Hold at 30,000 feet” by Kitty Burns started the with a story of the the anxieties of flying.
Following the meal we had a selection of sketches about air, rail and car journeys.
Fun was poked at Southern Rail, airline pilots, Southern Rail, Sat Navs, Southern Rail, Food on Wheels, Southern Rail, Tourists, and Southern Rail!
was our second Christmas Spectacular with a mix of singing, dancing and entertainment with supper performed on 16 & 17th Dec
This follow up to the first highly successful Christmas Cabaret (from our Cuckoo Productions arm) had a Festive Fifties theme with rocking around the clock (or as late as licencing allowed), jiving with the juke box and bopping with the big bands!
Ernest Thompson’s award winning play was widely felt to be CDS’s best ever production with performances described as “an inspirational triumph”, “West End quality” and “one of the finest theatrical occasions I have seen”.
Set at a 1957 radio sitcom recording and performed at Scaynes Hill’s Millennium Hall it was great fun and very well received raising over £1800 for local charities.
Fri 26th & Sat 27th February 2016
Our annual February Frolics were called the “best ever”
Food, a one act play and a variety of sketches make this always a fun event and a chance for new actors and directors to take the lead! Judging by the laughter the audience apreciated the comic sketches and one act play “Last Tango In Cuckfield”
With our first ever show featuring song and dance this variety show feature material from the Burlesque of a 1930’s decadent Berlin to the late 1940’s and American swing plus, as it was Christmas, a couple of seasonal songs from the era as well.
“England’s pre-eminent author of the comic mystery story.”
Silhouette is a clever and entertaining modern mystery with Brett’s witty humour adding a sharp edge to death by gunshot! Did you guess who-dun-it?
See the Silhouette production page for more details!
- A superb response to our production of Oscar Wilde’s sparkling comedic jewel of love and false identities!
- Presented in the traverse with audience to two sides in the Queens Hall
- Captured on video – look out for youtube link to be posted soon!
- Not a Comedy Club, but an evening of Comedy themed on Clubs …
- So, no stand-up, but you can sit down and enjoy food and drink with your entertainment!
- A short play “Bridge Too Far” and a selection of Comic Sketches
- Friday 27th and Saturday 28th February at the Queen’s Hall, Cuckfield
- Tickets* (with food included) Friday £12 and Saturday £15
Photos, video and review comments coming soon!
- If you saw it, what did you think?
- David Hare’s award winning play was staged in Holy Trinity Church, Cuckfield
- A “well-judged and thought provoking experience”
- See the archived pages here and the reviews here!
Anyone For Breakfast? May 2014
- A rip roaring success for CDS’s first farce!
- See the reviews here!
Click on a photo for a full size view
February Frolics 2014
- A few of the WW1 themed sketches from Act 2:
- ‘Agony in the Avuncular’ – copyright Rebecca C Bond
Collage Of Some Of Our Other Past Productions