Stop Press – Info and Intro Session on Weds July 6th at 7pm – see below!
As part of its aims to develop talent and provide education in the performing arts Cuckfield Dramatic Society is planning a series of subsidised acting classes this summer for those wishing to develop their skills…
The instructor will be resident CDS & Professional Actor David Corbett who was director of the February Frolics sketches this year, and who is not only a professional actor (as seen in shows such as Doctors and WPC 56), but who also teaches the LAMDA drama syllabus in Haywards Heath and London.
There will be 6 x two hour sessions covering a range of topics with a single payment of a fee of just £30.
You must be a CDS member, but membership starts at a very reasonable £10 (less for students or seniors).
If you are interested the proposed times are Wednesdays from 8pm to 10pm.
UPDATE: The plan is for the course will run on Wednesdays
There will be an introductory session on Weds July 6th at 7pm
- This is not part of the six paid lessons – so if you want to know more do come along! Just turn up and see what we are doing – if you’re keen to join in then you may do so on the night!This initial session will be an introductory meeting to find out more, enrol and review the syllabus with David Corbett and consider options available to suit all.
If you have any queries please let us know!
- The venue is our club room at the back of the White Hart Pub in Cuckfield.(click for directions and parking maps etc!)
For more information or to book please email us and say which slot you would prefer, or either.
Sorry – Saturday sessions are not currently planned as there was more interest for Wednesdays
STAGE ACTING COURSE SYLLABUS
Six week – 2 hours each session
- Wednesday from 8 to 10 pm if sufficient numbers
- Saturday morning from 11 to 1 pm if sufficient numbers
If both sessions are running then Saturday would be a repeat of the Wednesday session.
Each session will be a basic introduction to Stage Acting and will include
- Breathing, voice exercise, delivery, projection, breaking down fear and tension.
- How and where to stand, cross and block. Focus.
CREATING A CHARACTER
- How to read and breakdown a script . Character history, character thoughts. Relationships and status.
ENJOYING THE PROCESS
- Gain the confidence, techniques and tools to produce your best stage performances.